PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Device found in Virgin Blue plane hold
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2004, 12:26
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to see ignorant, have a look at TIMMEEEEs post.

If VB didnt stuff up in such a huge way... ...This was a paramount stuff up of epic proportions.
Oh, please. One employee made an ill-judged but properly-intentioned move. No harm was done. Nobody was hurt. Nobody COULD have been hurt. What a complete drama queen!

You think anybody half-serious about planting a working bomb is going to leave it in the open? No chance. It will be hidden in baggage, or made to look innocent.

It also showed a total lack of leadership from VB management in neglecting to provide the adequate training to their staff/contractors. It is incumbent upon VB to provide that training and to provide a duty of care to not only staff but also passengers that were clearly put at risk needlessly.
Not at all like the complete lack of judgement shown when that 747 went sailing off the end at BKK... oh but of course that is QF and they NEVER stuff up, do they...

Having a background in chemistry I can tell you that the substance inside, thermite, would have burned through the fuselage with the greatest of ease looking at the melting point of aluminium.
Indeed. If by some miracle, the bomb managed to light itself, having grown a pair of arms and an understanding of how matches worked, not to mention an understanding of the passage of time, it would have burned fiercely for a few seconds and then would have fallen through the hole in the skin it had just created. Assuming the aircraft involved had hold fire suppression, the probable scenario is a decompression. Of course, the decompression would have helped put any residual fire out.

The aircraft structure would have melted as surely as did the wax on the wings of both Icarus and Deadalus in greek mythology.
Complete bollocks (see above). Nice contradiction on your part, though.

The sad fact is that nobody in VB will admit fault or take blame.
Guess they learned that from Qantas, the world masters of ducking and diving.

BTW I have no particular opinions on any Aussie airline. Don't live there.

I mean, even for someone with a such maelevolent hatred of VB, you seem to have little or no understanding of security. I have spent my entire airline career working in countries where the threat of terrorism has been a part of daily life for the last twenty years or so, and they have learned to deal with it effectively. I have twice found myself commanding aircraft where ATC have informed us of a bomb threat against our aircraft, with all the subsequent drama (and paperwork) that entails.

Have any aircraft been lost in these countries to terrorist action? Nope. were the loaders in these countries trained in bomb recognition and subsequent procedures? No.

Now go and sit quietly and see if you can figure out the implications of all that...