PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what destinations do you LOVE seeing on your roster?
Old 23rd Sep 2004, 15:00
flapsforty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manchester, just for the feeling of being in that quaintest of European countries, the UK.
Cape Town for the most incredible scenery and being the end of the world.
Sydney because the place, the scenery around the city and the people are fantastic, different, vibrant and roaring with rough beauty.
Accra because the people are the friendliest in the whole wide world. The smells, the plants, the way things look, it's Africa for beter of for worse but the real thing.
Buenos Aires 'cause most of its men are walking eye-candy and the food is straight from heaven.
Tel Aviv because on short haul it's the only place where you can lie on the beach and pretend you're on long haul.
Jeddah because I enjoy a few days of walking 'round dressed like a penguin and experiencing what it's like to be invisible. Also because sunset with the muezzin calling from the Mosques has a moving if stern beauty to it. And because the diving is the best I've ever done.
New York; just walking the pavements still makes me feel like I'm in a movie.
Curacao. Relaxed like only the Carib can be. Dancing outside at the old fort on a friday night. Live bands playing and clean smelling, broad smiling chaps who whisk you away for endlessly smooth salsas and merengues, so that for a short while you can pretend to yourself that life's a trade breeze and you actually know how to dance.
Sapporo because I never tire of how truly different Japan and it's people are to the west.
Chicago where I can spend en entire day in the bookshop by the Water Tower and no one will know so I won't get teased.

Thanks for asking give_me_ur_SSH, just thinking about these places has put a smile on my face!