PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAR/JAR Part 25 Transport Aircraft Performance Training Manuals
Old 17th Sep 2004, 11:47
Old Smokey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
richjb,

I've spent the last 18 years studying performance, but the further I dig, the more I find I don't know, if this make sense.
I've spent the last 39 years studying performance, and putting it into practical application, but the further I dig, the more I find I don't know - and this is good, it keeps me on my toes (Mutt sure does whenever I make a slip).

Seriously though richjb, if you've spent 18 years studying performance, methinks it's time that you started putting it into practical application, you can't be a student forever. A good set of regulations, e.g. FAR25, a manufacturer's Performance Manual, and the AFM are your 'starter' kit. Take it from there. Oh, and of course, get right up to speed on serious computer programming.

There is a genuine need 'out there' for people with a foot in 2 camps, Professional Pilot and Performance Engineer.

(I'm amazed to see this question come from someone in Wichita, a local phone call to the P/E guys at Learjet or Cessna will probably satisfy your search).

Hang in there,

Smokey