PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC120 Rolls in Durban
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2004, 11:32
Rotor-revs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

B Sousa, you make mention; quote, “Im betting the best way to make this go away is for the three?? folks involved to have a sit down with someone at CAA who is directly involved with this mess and pose the question "What do we do to make it go away"; unquote! Gents, finally we are getting to the real issue here. People in this country are not interesting in sitting down and discussing issues as they are either to arrogant or just plan uneducated in dealing each other and need to reaffirm their empires that they live it; they would far rather sit in their glass house and throw stones. The knives are out, what for I don’t know and the rest of the industry is suffering.

It might come as no surprise to everyone that this incident is gathering lots and lots of attention locally, everywhere fellow aviators are discussing the matter and making repeated reference to this ongoing debate. The hits on this thread speak volumes. I have heard via the grapevine that the two gents in question have asked CAA for inputs but it seems as though in the interests of ‘public safety’ these two individuals have been very naughty and need to be reprimanded for something they did not even know was illegal or wrong; or is it illegal, who knows! Along with this, queries were also made to the arrogant Eurocopter representative who was sent down by Eurocopter to Durbs to inspect the a/c – nice going Eurocopter, some excellent customer service once again from our good friend KS! So, no statements or comments just the usual kak attitude, Ouch!

Come guy’s, let’s not bluff ourselves here as most of the pilots passing comments on this thread are all very well entrenched within the local aviation business. Along with this I am willing to bet that Messrs GB & CW are both watching this site and its postings from their bomb shelters at ESAL and CAA. I will also put money on the fact the NAC (Bell) friends from across the runway at FALA are watching this debate with baited breath. So, everyone seems of the opinion that GB has overstepped the mark with a very impulsive decision; why is the questions and all this with no final report from the investigators and no official statement/opinion from Eurocopter; it may seem; some comments please!

If there is any substance whatsoever to the matter, then why are Eurocopter not doing any damage control and allowing their good name to go down the “poop shoot” – stinky stinky! A mere media (thread) statement from the youngster would nip things in the bud and make the aviators happy people with Eurocopter and maybe even CAA, although this one will take some time as many out there have now seen exactly just what a pilot can expect from CAA should you make a simple mistake. So, fellow aviators beware, as you will have the wrath of “Burger Lug Fart” bestowed upon you should you make a just the slightest of errors, what a lovely new SA we live in. Many comments going around are that Eurocopter and CAA have lost lots of face on this one and the process is still gathering momentum.

So back to my original point, has anyone heard from Eurocopter yet regarding a formal statement?