PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC120 Rolls in Durban
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2004, 14:06
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keeping the fires lit.....
Anyone can do a factory course if they want. Its not something that requires a blessing.......ONLY MONEY. Thats the reason others go and pass on the info according to Factory Specs..."We Hope" Some in SA have been fortunate to get this compliments of Owners or by virtue of their employment.
When the dust settles on this matter, Im betting you will find that Eurocopter will stand by the procedures in the Manual. Further that there is no big secret to the Fenestron as long AS those procedures are followed.
As to the individuals Ticket being pulled, Im sure its just another mixup at CAA. As I said those who I know at Eurocopter were puzzled about an "Instructors Course" They have never heard of that.
I was also told that it says that the Procedures are only a guideline and I quote from the Eurocopter manual Part 3.1 Emergency Procedures for the EC-120B "Meanwhile, depending on the many external enviornment, such as the type of terrain overflown, the pilot MAY have to adapt to the situation according to his experience."
To me that means if the Auto isnt working you do what you can to make it work including adjusting throttle.
Now if the Aircraft rolled over nose first, it may have to do with tucking. That is another issue.