PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA Cancels a320?
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2004, 15:05
Life'sShort-FlyFast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey I do not think that we should get too many things mixed up here (Military Contract, SAA etc) Maria Ramos is going to 'downsize the Transnet Head Office. Numbers of R 600M in savings have been mooted and that for about 600 'management staff'. Easy maths to see the average annual income. Don't know what function they performed but seems that they can be cut out and life continues. Why am I not surprised? Obviously this is the whole of Transnet and not only SAA.

The quote during Carte Blanche (about SAA) on Sunday evening went along the lines of the strict discipline and vast experience requirements of the cockpit crew and sadly this does not carry over to management. The chopping and changing of fleet selections and the associated infrastructure has to be enormously damaging to any business. I guess when you do not have to take the responsibility for the action and you shrug your shoulders and laugh off the shareholders, then you can do anything. Even go on holiday with your new squeeze to your villa in the South of France!