PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANSETT....what made it a GREAT airline?
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2004, 03:56
TheNightOwl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kap - a reply, despite my expectations of this being hi-jacked, once again, by those unable to do other then verbally abuse anyone in disagreememt with them. This is addressed to you; amos/RTA and that w@nker Obie I intend to ignore from now on.

I was not employed on a "base + penalties" basis, and had no annnual increments, nor shift-loadings, nor public holidays, nor overtime. When I worked a week-end, it was exactly as any other day. If a public holiday landed on my working day, no benefit to me, if it was on my day off, then I accrued a day in lieu. If it was necessary for me to work overtime, I did it, not too often, fortunately. I had no shift loadings, although the HR department latterly tried to "deconstruct" my salary in order to reduce leave-loading entitlement. As a shift-worker, I was entitled to 5 weeks annual leave, like all the others, what was your annual leave entitlement?
My salary increases, when they were available, were negotiated by the ATOF(Airlines Division), which became the ASU(Airlines Division), not a particularly militant organisation, either of them.

Any more questions?

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl.