PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANSETT....what made it a GREAT airline?
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2004, 13:27
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I liked the one about "Blackjack", taxi-ing out in MEL with the window of the Diesel 9 open, left elbow protruding, and the ADF tuned to the races - during a check (with Duff Gen, I think.)

Then there was the story of Karl Muskie, who had responded to that Pommie clerk - his name escapes me at the moment - that he had also fought in the WW2 over England....in Messerschmitts!!!

I think poor old Captain Zero was diagnosed with a degenerative disease, wasn't he?

Dusty Lane, and his pal, Mal, were a couple of other names which if mentioned, usually drew tales of yore from the generation ahead of mine (I think I managed to get both of their names in my log book as a young whipper snapper.)

Does anyone from BNE know what became of Ron Herbert? His story of leaving Oz against his doctor's advice (as a matter of fact, he told me that his doctor told him that if he did go to Lourdes, the only way he'd return would be in a pine box) was nothing short of a miracle, coming back home completely clear,

Anyone game to mention Trish, and her little black book??

(A4G, to date you've made only 3 posts - ALL of which are about "that year". The title of Brad Norrington's book, Sky Pirates, in fact, refers to Hawke Murdoch, Abeles, Strong & Co.
That's one helluva chip you're carrying around )