PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - effect of foreign pilots on the jobmarket?
Old 11th Sep 2004, 13:30
flaps to 60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angels

Oh dear you really should read the whole message and not take from it what you want just like the press.

Now time for some quotes.

The racist ranting got you no where so now you are FR bashing
Im not racist but just proud of being British and support my country. FR bashing is sometimes justified but if you read my post you would have seen that i was pointing out that some of the pilots they have employed English is not thier first language and like yesterday, ATC has to repeat messages more than once. Which in the busy London TMA is not what you want.

will you be asking all the English with their 200 hours who no work out of GOW for Logan to return home too. Somehow I do no think you will
Not a well thought out statement and one you could have avoided if you read all of my posts.

Sometimes you just have to be realistic and realise that hey since you were not sponsored you took a gamble and well it has not paid off yet for you
While you sit there at your ops job
Read someones profile as well as their post but for you i'll say it again. I HAVE A JOB FLYING.......IN THE UK......FOR A BRITISH AIRLINE. Is that clear now! Good!!

And I may be wrong so feel free to correct me but FR is Irish not British so I guess you have not applied then since you feel so striong on the issue
Somewhere on page one or two I mentioned that Irish airlines including EI was one of the only EU states that i have seen employing non nationals and have no problems with Irish pilots in this country.

I applied to both FR and EI sorry i didn't get EI but happy that i didn't FR.

Read some of the other posts like MAXIMUS. He doesn't agree with me but at least he has the intelligence to formulate a well thought out argument.

Maximus

Of course i dont it just seems to me that too many obstacles are placed in order to stop non nationals applying and getting the job in those airlines. Now i have learn't a few thing over these posts (except from Angels one Fife) mainly from Studi and im willing to conceed that there are foreigners in other airlines.

But it would be interesting to see what the percentages are in relation to those in UK airlines. Also why do they never advertise these jobs on either an EU or worldwide basis like BA BMI VS etc.

I remember reading an article sometime ago about CX and recruitment. They couldn't get enough locals to apply because flying is not considered to be an hounorable career as say a lawyer doctor or businessman hence the large influx of mainly Brits, Aussies and Kiwi's. Could this be the same in the UAE?