PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Urgent Help Needed - A 35-year old planning a Career Change
Old 10th Sep 2004, 14:18
Gary Johnston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Again
-
Thanks to everyone for the feedback, and if there is any more, keep it coming !!!
-
The decision making regarding full-time/part-time is becoming quite stressful - I don't know if I'm coming or going !!
-
Mentally, I am ready to leave work and go full-time on ATPL, but there is a little voice inside me saying 'Slow Down' (as 'Straightand level80kt' states....).
-
So, ths is where I stand....
-
Firstly, I had my first lesson the other day, and it was great - I loved it!!.
-
Secondly, I wear contact lenses, so have just confirmed my prescription with the CAA (OK, thank God !!) and will now book my Class 1 for as soon as poss...
-
...AND, finally, I will probably look at doing my PPL part-time and then it is likely that I will follow Dan98 on a Distance learning at Bristol GS. After that, I will regroup before I make a move to the next stage (Sounds like Ham Phisted's idea, but hopefuly without point 10!)
-
If work becomes too much at any time (currently work as Business Analyst = MS 'Excel' 8 hours a day), I can leave and then blast whatever study is outstanding in a shorter time....
-
So, that's the plan (...at the moment !!!). Have ordered the famous book, and am ready to call Denham to book another few lessons...
-
Thanks again to all...
-
Gary
-
PS I bl**dy tough making the decision alone, no mind qualifying!
-
-