PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What crazy things do pax complain to you about?
Old 10th Sep 2004, 10:56
boney m

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't remember the exact flight, but I think it was one of our winter charters. Ski pax...need I say more? We were full service, schedule, but did charter on the side, operating from BHX.

I was flying as the No 2, almost finished the meal service, just had the last row to do. There was a young family sitting there, mother & her 2 sleeping children on one side, her husband on the other. I gave Mom & Dad their meals, then bent over to ask the mother "Do you want these[meals] for them now, or do you want us to wait till they wake up?" "No, it's ok I'll wake them" she said.

I then got a sharp tug on my trousers, don't you hate that, from Dad sitting across the aisle,
" I really would appreciate it if you didn't call them, them"
"Err, sorry" I enquired, genuinly puzzled.
"My children! They do have names, in future I would prefer it if you didn't call them, them".

I'm afraid I just had to walk away.

The following wasn't a complaint but I thought I would share.

On climbout from MXP (Milan), to BHX. Lovely summer's evening, some low cloud but you could see the tops of the Alps creeping above it.

I got a 'ding', walked over to the gentleman.."Yes, Sir?
"Yeah, I was just wondering what are they". Pointing to the mountain tops, peeping over the cloud.
"They're the Alps". I say.
"Do they go all the way to the ground?"

I kid you not!