PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANSETT....what made it a GREAT airline?
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2004, 23:04
TheNightOwl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FQ2 - when I referred to "committed Staff", I was referring to those who were committed to the airline's success and, by extension, our own careers. What I was NOT referring to was commitment to their own, selfish ends at the expense of all others.
If you care to take the time to read, AND UNDERSTAND, my previous posts, you would have grasped that I hold "The Fat Man" and his cohorts in very low esteem, they were a bunch of greedy, self-serving b*****ds, and I wonder to which other group of AN employees could that description have been applied? Ring any bells, FQ2?? Of course we were committed, how the hell else could we have kept the company going for so long despite the predations of management and others?
By all means berate me for my beliefs of the rights and wrongs of the '89 dispute, but at least get correct what I have stood for all this time, whether you agree with me or not!

Should anyone else wish to have a go at me, feel free, just don't expect me to respond any further. Like the '89ers, my position was made a long, long time ago, and remains to this day. I have heard NO argument to convince me that I have been on the wrong side of the fence since then, nor do I expect to in the future. Feel secure in your self-righteous maintenance of the moral high ground, FQ2, as the years go by you'll be increasingly lonely for the new generation doesn't understand, and cares less, about '89. Christ, some of them were still in short pants at school then. Waken up, man, and get over it!!

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl.