PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GWA's rip off cadet scheme
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2004, 16:54
Gone Troppo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said Marauder...
I mean, you have the choice really. You can either buzz around in a B58 or C310 etc, or you can take a chance and fast track things by purchasing atleast some multi-crew/ multi engine turbine experience. No garrentees, but you would have been pretty silly to take on aviation as a carreer and expected any! I have considered the GWA option, have 2000+ but never carried a paying passenger. Wouldn't consider myself a loser! The majority of those hours has demanded extremely high concentration, not monitering an auto-pilot! I cleaned toilets offshore to get the money to pay for a GWA or VB ground school/ endorsement, when and if I choose to.
My point is, they are offering an opportunity to those who want to grab it. Money making? Maybe. But that is business!
So, the choice is yours.

That is a fair comment Mr. Hat.
Just one thing... how do you select which students to cap? I mean some of us have taken up aviation for reasons other than just eppaulettes and an airline job. Some people actually take it up because they are so passionate about it, whether they fly a microlight or a 747. The flying itself is more important than the vehicle that allows it, to a true aviator. Capping numbers for a commercial syllabus? Perhaps? Rather you come up with the selection process than me.
Maybe, airlines should just employ ex-airforce (sorry about the sarcasim). Indeed a tough problem.