PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What crazy things do pax complain to you about?
Old 8th Sep 2004, 13:21
Flip Flop Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From a Pax

Not too long ago, on Gulf Air in J from LHR to BAH. Was sat at a window seat when a "lady" and her daughter came in. The "lady" had the seat next to me, the daughter across the aisle. First action of the "lady" was to call for a F/A demanding an upgrade to First so that she and her daughter could be sat next to each other. The reply from the F/A was along the lines of "the seat next to your daughter is empty, you are welcome to sit there". But she would have none of that. "Do you know who I am" was her next line, to which the F/A answered "One of our esteemed passengers, ma'am" (or something like that). "I am Lady Somethingoranother and I demand a window row with my daughter or an upgrade to first!" the bitch almost screamed. Now since I don't really mind where I'm sat, I offered my seat. Enter the daughter "but you have already wrinkled the head cover!".

I gave her my best impression of a Jack Nicolson smile and said "if your mom leans over, I'll show you something really wrinkly". F/A departed in great haste, trying her best not to laugh; mom and daughter take the middle seats and remain very quite for the remainder of the flight.

Upon exit in BAH, was handed a First Class bag by the, it must be added, very nice and professtional F/A. "Don't open it here" she whispered and smiled. Upon arrival at hotel, open bag to find: One bottle of Jack D, one bottle of Bombay Sapphire, one bottle of Bordeaux, one Lancome Miracle aftershave, one ditto roll-on deo and a card saying "you made my day" with a lipstick kiss.

If you read this, M, thanks. To all others: Being nice pays off; saying to pax what the F/A wish they could even more!