PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Three Year Anniversary Blues?
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2004, 12:34
flaps to 60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The job of airline pilot isn't what it used to be. The glamour and money have gone and there are more exhausted 'no frills' pilots than skygods.
Rota

There is a lot more than Glamour and Money to the job. I have just come back from one of the best days flying with beautiful views in this gin clear wx. Stunning sights across the country, good interaction with the crew and the challege of a landing or two. I, like most of you guys are up to my tits in debt but on days like this you find yourself saying "i'd do it all again".

The glamour is still there and the money...well im not really in it for that but i get by.

Sammy

My reality check was several years ago but changed tack borrowed more mnoey and moved on, Couple of years later reality check changed tack again and moved on. Two years ago moved out of avaiation but kept part time instructing and moved on. One year ago offered a job. Time taken over 6 years but never gave up never.

No one said that this would be easy and i find it disheartning when i see you guys having to take that reality check and give up. But use it as a reason for even more determination to get to that RHS.

I'm sure medicine will give you great satisfaction
Im sure it will, but do you really want to be looking up the backside of some old duffer who got the hoover stuck up his 'arris or looking down on the sight i described earlier.

Im sure even Scroggs after 14 hours flying across the world bleary eyed and knackered will say that when you get there and your having a few pints with the crew overlooking the Caribbean sea (with no hurricanes around) its worth it.

There will be days when you'll look in the mirror and be driven to tears but use this to your advantage build on it and say i am a PILOT or you can give up. Choice is yours!

Come on Arran keep fighting, if your gonna go down, then go down kicking and screaming until your too old to fly.

My mates (both in and out of avaiation) say that the one thing they admire about me (probably the only thing) is that i never gave up with every PFO or getting so close i could taste it i never gave up and its paid off.

First Officer Flaps to 60

Ps Become an AME get paid plenty do your licence and make sure all your patients are Chief Pilots.