PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot fatigue grows as problem for airlines
Old 7th Sep 2004, 23:03
spork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“What an interesting and important issue…” and “…nobody dares to discuss it.” Well of course it has been discussed a lot. This thread started life not far from this thread which touches on the same subject from a different angle.

From many pprune threads to date, there seems to be no doubt that the problem exists. (and is getting worse?) Surely it’s now time for action not discussion? I mentioned in that thread: “You (plural) are not alone. It seems at the moment that crew are waiting for a disaster, to use as evidence to support their case.” Surely that cannot be what anybody wants?

I would happily assist or coordinate some action on this most important issue. I have some ideas about the type of action. Is anybody serious about getting something done, or will this be yet another interesting discussion?
That was my comment on 27th July, which is six weeks ago. We then get a lot of discussion of “tiredness related incidents”, but absolutely no commitment to doing anything about it. I think “All you have to do is stop flying” is expecting a bit too much of people, but surely some form of action is warranted?

In a similar manner to the current slagging off of reporters in the Man security thread, it appears that passenger safety, and crew safety for that matter, is not high on the agenda.