PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Urgent Help Needed - A 35-year old planning a Career Change
Old 7th Sep 2004, 11:14
Gary Johnston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Urgent Help Needed - A 35-year old planning a Career Change

Can anyone help...
-
I am 35 years old and am on the verge of giving up work to start Flight training. I have sold my house to free up the capital required to pay for the training, and am now looking to simply get my act together and get started....
-
I am starting to get overloaded with the choice of formats (Integrated vs Modular) and flying schools (Oxford, Cabair, etc). I have been up to Cabair's open day, and am starting to consider visiting Oxford and maybe Jerez...
-
As a mature student, I am better placed going Integrated, or does it really matter if I go Modular but within the same 12-18 month time frame?
-
Ideally, I would like to stay close to West London due family committments - but, if this is a disadvantage, am willing to look elsewhere - even overseas ???
-
Can anyone suggest the best route... and maybe offer some tips to a 'mature' entrant looking to qualify, land a job and get flying as soon as possible...
-
Finally, am I being realistic / naive / brave in thinking this career change can actually happen ??
-
Thanks, in advance
-
Gary
-