PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I will NOT pay for a T/R
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2004, 12:59
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 172 Likes on 66 Posts
Reddo - as far as I am aware if you joined ezy under the TRSS with say 1000hrs TT you would earn, conservatively, basic:

£28k yr1 + £6k sector pay

£35.6k yr 2 yr 3 yr 4 + £6k sector pay

£62k Yr 5 +£3k length of service bonus + £10k sector pay

--- end of reduced salary ---

Yr 6 £64k + £6k length of service bonus + £10k sector pay

Yr 10 £64k + £10k length of service bonus + £10k sector pay

In addition under the TRSS you would be paid £4,600 a year to pay off your £23k training loan in 5 years of reduced salary, 5 * 4.6k = £23k

OK - the interest might be on top of that, I accept.

Nevertheless. Which airline recruiting over the last 2years or present has offered a better deal and how many people have they hired? Compared to ezy's 100+ recruits.

----------

Studi

1) Selection via something akin to CTC with 6 months on line before firm job offer rather outperforms cadet style selection. By a factor of about 50.

2) A view shared by all but cadet entry pilots. Even some of those later lament the rungs they have skipped.

3) The demise of cadets would resolve the poisoness widespread in the business since their inception.

4) Telling someone at 28 or 38 or 48 that they aren't able to cope with a jet type rating course is pure unsubstaniated wilfull nonsense based on guesswork and superstition. And totally unrelated military practice. You'll find numerous problems with race and gender recruitment in past cadet recruitment programs. How many black people read the Sunday Time in the mid 90's when BA were advertising their cadet scheme? Was selection gender normed in X or Y airlines? Nah, not a chance.

5) Hmm, so you say. It takes all types. Most people agree though that a somewhat sustained inate interest in piloting is desireable in someone you chose to pick out of the high street and place in the flightdeck of an airliner. This has not always been the case.

Yes a cadet has less pressure than a self sponsored.

How many cadets WERE chucked off your course? The answer is about 3%. Not something to lose much sleep about. No bank manager. No job worries.

Plus cadets often get extra hours on their course as standard, plus the best instructors, plus program priority, plus the benefit of excellent course mates, plus the motivation of knowing there is a Boeing with their name on it waiting 6 months in the future.

So don't go asking me or anyone else to cry for cadets under pressure.

---------------

There is room and reason for integrated, modular, sponsored, self sponsored and monster raving loonies in the world of aviation.

Cheers

Last edited by Wee Weasley Welshman; 6th Sep 2004 at 14:49.