PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Shorthaul Treachery
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2004, 10:59
GalleyHag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leemo

Well you will remember then that we were advised that there was enough regional flying to go around at the time we voted and were advised it was SOME not all regional flying on the Airbus, thats how it was sold to me anyway.

From what I have heard the international trips are very popular, maybe just a bad day sick wise I suppose. I know for a fact they will be very popular out of Sydney.

Maybe that is true about our elected officials I have never had reason to speak with them but it appears they are ensuring there is a future for short haul crew which is what they are paid to do. That doesnt mean I agree with whats happening, but if you look at what they doing for their members I wouldnt say it was hopeless.

I fully support the action Long Haul will take when it comes to it, however dont think for a minute QF dont have plans and agenda's up their sleeve to deal with this. Im not saying it wont work but recent history has shown QF do get what they want and at any cost.

Tarantella

I was not referring to the days after Ansett went down, obviously we all worked together during that time and I dont think anybody was expecting payback for that initial period and yes we also worked days off etc we all worked as a team.

However I am referring to all the flying done for 12 months or more thereafter, there were times during that period where Perth trips for short haul crew were cut right back due to the 747 operating these services, just like your Auckland trips and the effect this had on Melbourne crew the same was happening with short haul.

There is a black and white agreement in place about the payback of flying and once the initial period of Ansett was over QF found that it had no alternative but to up capacity and offer Long Haul quite a bit of domestic flying therefore I see no reason why the agreement should not come into effect at that point.

Qantas makes the decisions on where their aircraft fly so I dont think Short Haul would be asking Long Haul at all, from memory no one had any choice the decisions were all made by management.