PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I will NOT pay for a T/R
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2004, 19:26
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
studi I can only speak about the UK system with any authority; I have no depth of knowledge of the systems in Germany or France, or other European countries.

SID Yes, I pretty much go along with you - with one tiny exception. I was offered a 737 TR in 1989/90 (or thereabouts) for about 4.5K. I don't think it was a 'mates' deal, so I can only assume that was the going rate at the time. As I'd just sold a smallish house in South Yorkshire for 100k, I reckon the TR/house price ratio was looking pretty good back then! Of course, this was just before the collapses of Air Europe, Dan Air and the house market, which just goes to show that you can prove anything you like with figures!

south coast the expectations of wannabes in UK are driven by the fact that the UK has a great many jet airlines (probably as many as in all of Africa!), and surprisingly little in the way of commuter and night freight TP operators. The balance is quite different to anywhere else in the world. But your point is apposite; people do need to put some sort of reality check on their dream!

Scroggs