PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Pilots (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2004, 07:42
MercenaryAli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weapons - but not of Mass Destruction

I think we are all getting a little paranoid about guns!!

Since the Dumblane affair, Mister Blair and his sorry excuse for a government "knee jerked" and passed laws banning most law abiding citizens from owning or posseing handguns.

Has this reduced the number of "firearms offences" in the UK?

Answer - NO.

Has it reduced the number of legally and responibly held firearms and taken away the "right" of a citizen to protect himself?

Answer - YES

Can the police protect "Mr Average" ?

Answer - unlikely as they spend most of their time in cars or doing paperwork whilst the Liberal and completely out of touch judiciary release most of the offenders back onto the streets.

FACT - There are more firearms crimes committed now than ever before in UK, criminals/terrorists have no problem obtaining weapons and they routinely carry and are willing to use them.

At least if, as a pilot, I was given proper training and a weapon perhaps, just perhaps I would have a chance to save my crew, my passengers and my aircraft. Otherwise why don't we just "Roll Over" and let evil have it's way.

As a final point, whilst in the military I flew on operations with a loaded automatic in a shoulder holster both in Europe and in the Middle East and no! suprise surprise I never shot myself, my co-pilot my loadmaster nor any passengers either intentionally or by mistake!!

Drastic times require drastic action!