PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS
Thread: LEEDS
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2004, 18:33
Leodis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Have to agree with 682ft AMSL

Whilst I have said one or two harsh words about LBA regarding the state of the terminal and the lack of IT flights. What you have said makes a lot of sense. The Yorkshire region as a whole is so underserved in aviation terms. There is enough business out there for LBA, HUY and the new DSA.

A lot was said about the marketing team at LBA on the 'Greek IT' thread that 90% of the forumers agreed with. This isn't to say that I don't think LBA can continue to grow and expand, far from it. LBA has had sustained growth for many years now. The fact is that LBA must wake-up to the challenges.

The fundamentals are already there, the infrastructure needs tweaking. Shefield Council has demanded its own airport for years. Leeds City Council up untill only a few years ago, pushed Manchster airport.At Leeds (Bradford) the council, whilst the centre of Leeds is coming on in leaps and bounds, the airport and the North West end of Leeds appear to be forgoten. Transport needs to be made Leeds's No1 priority. If the transport in Leeds we're a body, it would be having a coronary.

I am sure that over the next year, the airport will continue to grow, but how willing is the board to invest in the very thing that helps to ferther inward investment to the economies of Leeds Bradford and West Yorkshire. If the councils are set on keeping this as an asset, then get investing.

Jet2 Copenhagen or Berlin next!!!