PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - - The Canberra - Unsafe in 1950, Still unsafe
Old 3rd Sep 2004, 12:08
Milt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Learning from Crashes.

If I have a fatal crash tomorrow I know that all of my aviation friends will be sad and think of the effects on my family.

But I want you all to learn as quickly as possible from any mistakes I may have made and to ponder on the possible causes as much as you can and to construct possible scenarios from the bits of information you have.

This has to be the best way to have those coming along behind learn as much as possible from the failings of others or of the aircraft we love so much.

Too often on this forum we let the opportunity fade into nothing and forego the learning process.

I'll speculate that the Canberra went in because of inexperience of the crew with its asymmetric viciousness.

And I know of a pilot of a Canberra Down Under who may have second thoughts about his ability to handle that aircraft adequately for a recovery from an actual asymmetric. We may just end up saving HIS life and the aircraft.

NOW let us learn a bit about that.

It is a vital part of preventing future accidents/misshandling/running into rock filled clouds etc etc.