PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What crazy things do pax complain to you about?
Old 3rd Sep 2004, 11:02
belle7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just last week, a young 18ish year old was complaining of sore ears on the decent into MEL. Cabin had been secured but we hadn't been doubled dinged to sit down and he jumped out of his seat and ran to the rear of the a/c, the crew down the back told him to sit down and they would come to him. They did and gave him the usual brenclear (I was amazed that we had some) and some ice.

Minutes later his call bell went off and as I got up from L1 and went to see him, as I got to him the Captain had doubled dinged us to sit down, the man next to him unrelated to him asked me quite seriously, "Can u just ring the Captain and tell him to slow down". I informed him that we couldn't (as the landing gear came down!) and he demanded to know why I wasn't going to, I simply said, "That if there wasn't a fire in the cabin or a safety issue it wasn't an emergency".

Sorry I couldn't help it, I will be on annual leave in 3 weeks - I think I need to recharge!!! I did go back to him with a brenclear in hot water, fixed him up, and explained to his mate (I was a tad less stressed out standing during our landing) and explained why I couldn't in more detail, I may as well have been banging my head against the galley!!!!

God bless all the "interesting and unique" pax in the world.......

Another one, don't you hate it when you have a paxing sector (as your about to start a four sector day, min rest, etc) or even on a red eye and you find a spare seat on the isle to have a controlled 20min sleep and the pax at the window decides that he/his wants to have a chat with you!!!

Or when your crew is sitting down the rear of the a/c, cabin lights down and asleep (they are just having a rest) and a arrogant pax who comes from the Pacific (love all expect this particular man) and starts winging for 45mins about his travel agent and the fact he couldn\'t read his itinerary properly and had to pay $50 each for his family to get on our flight - lucky us, the $50 should have gone to us!!!

Oh and he stinks of stale cigarettes (from the pack he smoke prior to flying with us from PER to SYD (winds were good, thank goodness), oh and starts talking about getting arrested for beating up some poor bugger and starts telling the crew what he would like to do to the poor Ground crew who was just doing their job.

Thanks for starting this thread, I had a trip from the south of hell, can you tell!!! Hee, hee.

Last edited by belle7; 3rd Sep 2004 at 11:18.