PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commentators
Thread: Commentators
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2004, 10:26
TD&H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbedane, you might get even more flack on this thread than you might wish to get!

In general I think you've got a pretty good mix of commentators, I know I've whinged already about Jeremy Spake, he's the only one who really annoys me (and all my friends, not one having a good word).

Yes John Blake was wonderful. He gives OW the special garden party atmosphere which makes it different from all the other shows. OW needs a commentator with the John Arlott or Brian Johnston touch, painting a picture, giving interesting anecdotes. They, after all for cricket, would have none-cricket lovers listening for their dulcett tones and intelligent conversation. That element will help entertain the wives, partners and children unwillingly dragged along to OW. Yet they also presented the game for a professional to appreciate. IMHO that is the balance needed by the commentators.

Two names have been suggested: John Farley and G-KEST, can you influence them to give commentating a try at OW?

Hoping to be there on Sunday 5th September. That shows that even whingers only do it because we love OW so much!

ATB, regards H