PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS
Thread: LEEDS
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2004, 09:16
KAT TOO

PTH

I have been saying for some time that Leeds will face an uphill battle once Dony gets underway, i would not be surprised to see next years peak Summer pax numbers to be below this Summer for a number of reasons, the economy is cooling, people are starting to get a bit fed up with airport hassel and we will be very lucky to go through the US elections with out a major terror event and with UK elections probably less than a year away..well

In any event Jet2 have had an excellent year, but they will also face a big struggle to increase their pax numbers without more aircraft and more summer routes.all the more so if rumours of another loco at Leeds prove to be true

bmi have swapped aircraft around in response to Jet2 Paris launch, the miday service is now on a Fokker100 with the late afternoon service switched to a 135 so seat number have increased by only 39 in total (now237 as to 198 before) each way per day, at least it limits the money they can lose at some of the very low fairs on offer. At present it looks like the Fokker will stay on the early and late EDI service doing the middle Paris.

The new LCY route is selling slowly but its early days and bmi like to keep their routes secret!! hopefully by the time the new 135 advanced turn up there will be some passengers for them, its a good route for getting to Frankfurt and far quicker than via LHR

The LBA winter program is looking very shallow, it will be like a ghost town and i wouldn't be surprised to see them close check in area B until spring to save on heating costs