PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Shorthaul Treachery
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2004, 19:57
mach2male

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF Shorthaul Treachery

Over the past 3 weeks the QF Longhaul FAAA has been in negotiations with Qantas.Everything appeared to be progressing smoothly and an amicable EBA was imminent.Suddenly Grant and Hassell were removed from the prcocess and industrial legal representaion replaced them.This change in protocol has been bought about shorthaul treachery.A deal has been done where all Airbus flying is to be done by shorthaul.Eventually this will include all trans tasman,Hong Kong,some japanese flying and potentially Rome.I fail to understand why Watkins and Playford would backdoor their longhaul colleagues at such a crucial time.Longhaul ports are under threat from overseas bases and now all flying now being undertaken by longhaul on 767's(and longhaul crew)will be replaced by Airbus and shorthaul crew.The ramifications for both long and shorthaul crew are enormous.Already planned flying for BP 234 has been impacted with a surplus of longhaul being created due to all Airbus flying being transferred to shorthaul.
I am absolutely appalled by this enormous betrayal!
It is one thing to be attacked by Qantas but quite something else to be railroaded by your own colleagues.

While only a small number of long haul crew have applied for the
LHR base (45)The balance has been made up of shorthaul crew predominantly from Melbourne.I am a great believer in Kharma.A day of reckoning for shorthaul is hopefully close at hand.