PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non-Aviation Jobs for Jobless Pilots -Any ideas?
Old 15th Oct 2001, 15:03
Spoonbill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Lawrance,
I don't know what you put on your CV and application letters, but if a career in aviation stands out, it's not suprising that prospective employers have taken such an attitude.
I respectfully suggest that you play down the desire to get back into aviation, and put more emphasis on the job you're applying for, i.e. make them aware that you have bothered to find out about the company and what it does. At the interview they're bound to ask you about your desire to return to the industry, it's your call as to whether or not you tell white lies, but the rent demands will not stop.
Your instructing experience should go down well in terms of both dealing with people and working under pressure, make sure you emphasise this.
I don't know what you want to do, but you're obviously not a complete dummy, apply for jobs that catch your eye but you'd have never thought of applying for in the past. I occasionally do this just to see if I can get an interview, out of the last 15, I got 8 interviews and 5 job offers, (I do not have a university education).
Best of luck.