PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nac
Thread: Nac
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2004, 05:46
Stars Jewel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like a win for everyone (Unless you signed the contract) .
Congratulations to the Pilots that stood strong. It looks as though you have got what we all wanted you to get.
The right to Choose.
The right to negotiate.
The Right to be employed by an employer and not have to have the insecurity of being a contractor.

Congratulations to the MD of NAC.

To those who signed the contract from within NAC you must feel alot more uncomfortable now. Knowing that if you had of let what was being pursued run its course you too would feel a sense of pride.

I can not say it strongly enough. Those who signed did this for them selves and for them selves only. They had NO respect for the NAC pilots and for every other Pilot flying for a small charter operator.
Some were forced to sign when they joined, they too had a choice.

Trust me, you will be remembered. I hope you have a long list of friends in this game because you will need them. Already I've heard that other companies large and small, All airlines, want to know who signed. This must be a comforting thought especially when you try and justify to your self when you signed the dotted line that you were doing the right thing??? For your self Maybe.

I love the Atitude '' I just want my twin time and I'm out of here'' Seems you might now need to work for NAC, seeing a lot less people will be hepling you gain employment else where.

Most jobs are gained by the help or recommendations from other Pilots. The Network is Long and large.

You only have to look at all the companies that are associated with the AFAP.

This forum has achieved a lot over the last Month I think. And it's worked out well for both the MD and the NAC pilots. I'm lead to believe that the Contractors will cost the Company more do to the same work because of the commissions enforced by Best Practice Skills. The Irony. Maybe the pilots on the EBA will be more employable now they are cheaper to use.

I Don’t think calling anyone a Scab achieves anything. And I don’t believe that any one was called a scab. But this doesn’t stop me thinking that they are.