PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nac
Thread: Nac
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2004, 03:39
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
".....but contract pilots organising their own insurance and super, taxes etc....."

I stand to be corrected, however it would appear impossible to legally employ a pilot under those circumstances. One assumes the AFAP have provided an assurance to all the operator's pilot employees that their terms and conditions of employment and remuneration are within Australia's legislative industrial relations framework.

And on the assumption the operator is employing and remunerating within the legal framework of the Award, an EBA or AWA, it's employees may exercise their right to decide whether they wish to work for the operator, or not.

I'm sure the operator's employees will contact me should their terms and conditions not be compliant with the AFAP and company's memo in the now locked thread.

CASA have no mandate regarding pilot employment terms and conditions, with the exception that the Chief Pilot must (in most cases) be a full time employee. It would be most inappropriate for CASA to interfere on any matter other than issues of safety.

the wizard of auz. You have a way with words! Wish I'd thought of that first!

Woomera