PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew meals - an employer obligation to staff and customers.
Old 31st Aug 2004, 02:46
TheNightOwl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeez, leave for a couple of days and all is sweetness and light when I get back! Not on, fellas, thank God amos is here to prove that the world is still turning correctly and he is still the dim***t he always was!
I wish, RTA and others, that you would correctly address the issue I raised - I asked why you would expect an employer to pay for your in-flight meal, NOT whether you should have one available. I am well aware that, as a simtech, I could leave a job to eat, and how that compares with being trapped in a cockpit, but may I point out that, when I went for a meal, I did not expect AN to pick up the tab! Why would you expect your employer to feed you for free?
I'm quite sure that a drop in Blood/Sugar level could, in some circumstances, lead to a safety problem in flight, I'm just not convinced that it is QUITE such a serious problem as some would have us believe. Yes, I understand the problems experienced by diabetics, I am qualified in First-aid, but I also understand that such a condition would disqualify you from practising your trade as a pilot.

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl.