PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What crazy things do pax complain to you about?
Old 30th Aug 2004, 20:14
bunnygirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In mid 90's, we were flying from Bahrain to Manchester (the flight had originated in Sydney), and as was the case on the SYD-UK bound flights we generally made up a lot of time...consequently we were happy to report that we would be landing into Manchester 1 hour and 20 minutes ahead of schedule...325 pax...bar 1 were very happy.

The 326th pax called me over and said it was absolutely disgusting the we should arrive so early...as he was being met by relatives and they wouldn't be there to meet him..he then demanded to speak to the person in charge..coincidentely me! He then demanded that we either slow down, in order that he wouldn't be waiting at Manchester for his family ( The difference between waiting at 39,000 in a polluted metal tube, or a nice comfy seat in Starbucks..seemed to have escaped him!!). Or that we provided him with a hotel room, yes a hotel room, for the 1 hour and 20 minutes... as it wasn't his fault!

I'm afraid at this time I had to walk away, for fear of catching what he had!!! Needless to say he left the aircraft 1 hour and 20 minutes early saying he would NEVER fly with us again...This guy, more than anyone else has proved to me, that you can stand on your head, bend over backwards and they are STILL not happy