PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continuous Descent Approaches
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2004, 09:05
Giles Wembley-Hogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Notso

Most of the 'knowledge' is on the plate, so I don't normally get involved in reprogramming the FMS after push back.

I am from the opposite school of thought on slowing down if holding is occuring, but I tend colour my decision based upon who tells me I can slow down. If the CLN controller (or whatever sector number it is now) tells me then I may consider it, if the SABER/DAGER controller tells me I can then I probably will slow a bit, and if the LAM controller or LL DIR tell me then I definitely will come all the way back on the speed.

The timer doesn't always start from when you enter the hold, after all EATs are used if the delay goes above 20mins and before that Heathrow often go on to the "numbers" (if I remember correctly).

Incidentally,if anyone in TC Ops reads this, I think that it could be worth adding "Expect FL130 at TANET" to the BIG 1E arrival plate and for the sake of simplicity making DET the SLP. I only mention this because I knew that the 130 restriction was coming, but my colleague was not expecting it and workload tends to rise a bit if this STAR is being used.

Only my opinion. Sorry if I am causing the thread to creep a bit.

G W-H