PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Housing & Conditions of service (threads merged)
Old 29th Aug 2004, 19:23
EuroATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're right, Bahrain is not a place I want to spend my life. Canada in my opinipon is a much better place to live.. UN has ranked it top 3 for many years. What I said about Bahrain is not negative or positive, just stating facts. Do you have a problem with that? You might think it's a paradise.. and more power to you if so !

I drive an Audi S4 in Canada.. but never would have I gotten an Audi in Bahrain. Let me know once you try and sell your european car in Bahrain. Or better yet, have the AC fixed once you are out of warranty. My comments are purely based on what sells best and holds value best. Japanese cars hold value better than any other car in the middle east. In Europe it's the German cars (i know i've lived in Switzerland).

My wife and I also ate out regularly, almost every night to be exact and we've eaten at just about every restaurant on the island. I am not saying Zoe's is the BEST. I used Zoe's as a comparaison. Too bad you don't like it there, they do have good food and a nice atmosphere for the 30 something crowd. If you like Blue Elephant...well that explains everything.. I guess upscale snobby overpriced restaurants are your thing.. with bad service I might add.

I guess after thinking about it, now that I know you are english I know why you buy expensive cars. I guess if I could not afford a German car in my home country I would do the same if I moved to Bahrain. Truth of the matter, I didn't see the need to spend 10.000 dinars or have payments (I pay cash for my cars) for a car that I can drive to the seef mall and back. There is nowhere to go in Bahrain, why waist money on an expensive car???