PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it now time to reconsider jumpseat restrictions for relatives?
Old 27th Aug 2004, 12:02
Thrush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This year, because the Disclosure Scotland is taking so Long to issue the certificates (these are nonsense, but that's another story) our lot have just been writing tickets and boarding cards to all crew, flight deck and CC, who do not have their passes yet; the crew member merely writes out a ticket and grabs a boarding card in the crew room. Absolute nonsense, the whole thing.

As a Captain I consider the faith that the company puts in me to manage a situation, whether it's a late loadsheet or a hijack, could and should encompass whether or not I, and indeed my First Officer, are happy to allow someone to jumpseat on the flight deck. After all, I am considered fit to fly 200 people around in all other aspects!

It is insulting to me and all my collegues not to be allowed to use our judgement and I would urge EVERYONE to follow my example and, until this narrow minded policy is changed,

REFUSE TO ALLOW ANYONE - ESPECIALLY OPS INSPECTORS AND DfT OFFICIALS -

on the flight deck jump seats. This is my own protest and it may be having a positive effect. The DfT Officials have been sent off to write their reports as to just why they have been refused.