PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald latest??
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2004, 10:36
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civil Servant,
Next time, try reading my post before responding to it. It may be fair comment about being rostered into discretion, it is illegal for a pilot to be rostered into discretion before reporting for such a duty.
My post referred to complaints regarding engineering spares, paying bills etc. If one has a particular complaint that affects the way they perform a particular duty, such as discretion, then fair enough but there's such a thing as going too far, and that's when people stop listening to such an apparent 'busybody'.
Discretion is exactly what it says, it is at the discretion of the individual whether they exercise it or not. It is apparent that individual(s) are agreeing to exercise such discretion and then coming here to bitch about it afterwards. Some might regard that as being 'two-faced'!
Of course, if they declined, as is their right, to exercise discretion in the first instance they'd only have engineering and accounts to bitch about. Why not leave the engineers and accountants to do their own bitching and one concentrate on flying his aeroplane.
I'm not even going to answer your allegation that I 'must be' MOB, that just shows a mentality that anyone who doesn't agree with your personal opinion(s) leaves themself open to such an allegation.