PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Song and dance over 'ageist' Virgin
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2004, 10:10
yellow rocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin Bashing

one airline for vapid, buxom, horny young bimboids...... (Virgin)

Anyone who can remember the Cabin Prep drill, Evacuation drill, and the 5 different Initial and Evacuation command drills IS NO BIMBOID.

An interesting topic because if it walks, talks, and looks like a duck...I do sympathise with these women, and the men also out there who may feel the same.

Tony Marks, CEO of Pacific Blue, makes an important point though:

"We don't prevent people from performing a song or dance during the interviews, but it is not a requirement," he said.

Just in case you've missed it again there is NO REQUIREMENT to do a 'song and dance' at a Virgin interview. The task is for each group to make up an advertisement or destination promotion for Virgin/Pacific Blue. How people do it is up to them, but many people CHOOSE, without prompting, to turn it into a song and dance number. If the participants CHOOSE to make it a song and dance, then there will obviously be some who shine, and some who don't. But, equally, some may have done better in the other activities.

The role of Flight Attendant is just not as appealing to many as it used to be, and anyone who goes to assessment days nowadays will be able to tell you that the majority of applicants are in their 20s and late teens. For many the job has unfortunately become a gap filler before uni, or after. Those of us who have 'the bug' are becoming fewer. Those who want to make it a career do so at the expense of financial security or the likelihood of ever owning their own home.

"They (Qantas) were extremely professional and they asked me things that were extremely relevant," she said.

Having had panel interviews with both DJ and QF, I found them quite comparable, with the Virgin interview being far more intense, and slightly interrogatory.

The only difference ultimately, was that the job Virgin advertised came through, whereas the job Qantas shortlisted me for, was a complete fabrication.

Now who's the more professional recruiter?