PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 26th Aug 2004, 22:38
Helibloke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try Chopperline at caloundra, they must have some of the most experienced instructors in the industry, good ground school too so you can walk in and get the whole package there.

The Helicopter group in Melbourne have a good name too, so does PHS down there. The advantage you might have with them is that they can sometimes give you work at the end of your training because they both have tourist scenic flights out near the Rock/kings canyon..

I dont think Becker Helicopters has any sort of work programme after your training but I dont think anyone can guarantee you a job when you finish and you certainly dont get a FREE turbine endorsement, Dont know who told you that one John!. I do know his students fly around in Helmets and flying suits for whatever reason, Ok the helmet I can understand but the full flying suit in a H300 is a bit much or is it just me.

Anyway good luck there are not many jobs around for low hour helicopter pilots if I were starting out again I would go Fixed wing there appears to be some movement in that area.
Helibloke