PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines looking for pilots.
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2004, 13:50
desert_knight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a strange collection of people Pilots would seem to be.

We have a huge number here busy telling us it's a cr@p job but the moment somebody who is not a pilot tells them the same thing they get very defensive and call them a "wanna be". A "wanna be" what? in a cr@p job?? you can't have it both ways!

Then we have the argument that their job is more important than anybody elses because they fly high up, risk their lives and are responsible for many more if something goes wrong. Is it really anymore dangerous than a coach driver driving across Europe- also with the lives of many passengers in his hands? In fact, I thought Aviation was the SAFEST form of transport, so Pilots are probably in a LESS risky position.

They then wll tell you it's difficult and that others wouldn't have the skill even given the chance......

But when you say that there are plenty of them who would make good pilots if they were given the chance - that seems to imply that "anyone" can be a pilot if some mystical chance was given!
I'm pretty sure that most could. I know what's involved and it ain't that difficult.

You are also not the only group of people who have to work difficult hours and go away from family for long periods.

The World is a tough old place to work for nearly everyone. Times have changed for us all, why should it be any different for a select group called Pilots?

Even with a possible increased requirement for Flight Crew in the next few years, Terms and Conditions are never going to be what they were in the Glory years, get used to it!