PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What crazy things do pax complain to you about?
Old 26th Aug 2004, 04:31
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about pax who complain to you when you request them to do things when securing? For eg bags under seats, no bags under seats in exit rows, window blinds up etc... even after you patiently and calmly explain why (for their safety, to see outside in event of emergency, etc etc) they still insist on ignoring you?

One particular 'gentleman' (and I use the term *very* loosely) refused to take off his very large, all-ear-encompassing headphones for landing. Even after my crew had explained a number of times he would need to take them off, I went down and chatted with him, explained that in the event of emergency he may not hear all the PAs/commands etc, he still refused to take them off and told me no other airline in the world had ever asked him to remove them, why was I being such a fwit about it? (I wasnt at all - I was being very nice and patient with him) Went on yelling 'he was never flying with my airline ever again etc'... he was sitting in a window seat so at least he was not blocking anyone else in, and I left him to it - and recommended if he did not want to follow requests of crew, he may perhaps in future want to consider alternate forms of transport...