PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To Wizz or not to Wizz?
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2004, 10:52
turboP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr dani dani

Dani,

You have any complexes? It's no Iron curtain anymore! At which century do you live??? Even if it's still Budapest, it's already full member of EU so what are that ( eastern and "ALLMIGHTY WESTERN") things about?? Did you try to book a hotel at the centre of Paris and then somwhere at suburban Paris? Did you feel the price difference? the same at italy, spain, etc.etc...

I think that's all about western and former eastern countries.. living costs e.g. at UK are 4 times higer than at Hungary. So if you get lower salary at budapest you can afford the same living costs level as you have for example in UK. btw, I was really surprised and quite dissapointed when I came to france for the first time. That big "bordel" (as french say) I never seen even in russia. And rather not talking about other countries. If I can consider, living in east is more beautiful here... Your monthly earnings here are more than local people earn for half a year (and they can survive with that), girls are tho most beautiful in the whole europe (all the guys who came here told that), country is not that polluted than in west, people here are very friendly, etc.. You just have to know and set up your priorities.. (finger rule for simplification: multiply your salary here by 4 and you get approx salary you would have in UK, considering all costs)

"it's eastern company found by westerner".. you crazy? do you think that ANY manager is that stupid that he will give you even an Euro more if he doesn't need to? If he can get people for less money (because of that lower living costs etc.) why he would give you for example 6k EUR?? Just because you are "Westerner" too and you want that? Wizz is low cost company and I think if you even consider to fly for a low cost you already know what's the principle of low cost. (CUTTING COSTS and the pilots salaries are one of significant costs too). btw.. I'm sure Wizz doesn't offer 1000EUR, it's more for sure.. and there is as well some economy rule about offer and demand (lots of pilots + lack of places = low salaries and vice versa) you know? So i'm sure that if that manager run out of local sources or people willing to fly for that offered money, he will rise the salaries to get new people.. It's quite logical, isn't it?

Finally, some advice: If you don't like it, stay at home.. I know few guys who came here and think that they came to nowhere and they are going to teach all guys here what's the flying about. Luckyly it's just a few jerks. Most of them are pretty good...