PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew meals - an employer obligation to staff and customers.
Old 22nd Aug 2004, 14:24
Romeo Tango Alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aw Haggy, it's nice to see you think of me. And I get to join the Nerd Herd too. YIPPEE!

I think BM is making a very important safety suggestion in regards to the OBLIGATION an employer owes to the proper and safe operation of a crew. International airlines fulfill this obligation, yet some Australian airlines do not. WHY?]

I guess those standards need not apply at QANDom, or more posters here would be taking it a bit more seriously. I have come to expect less from this forum's posters, but just vitriol for the sake of being so gets so bloody tiring.

Is it any wonder this forum is laughed at? It's occupied by little children who get offened when you call them names (yet THEY call that same name to Jet* pilots - Pot and Kettle scenario!). The underlying common theme is greed. "I'll have my cake, and I'll eat yours too".

Is it any wonder that nothing seems right in current Australian aviation when everyone is willing to bitch and moan, but couldn't be bothered for the most part to actually offer anything constructive? It all comes back to the ME ME ME factor.

To be honest, I am not surprised one bit in the way Australian aviation has panned out. With the relative demise of the AFAP, and it's replacement with more or less company run Unions (what's the bloody point?), pilot's haven't got a leg to stand on (not that many of them could care about anything that didn't directly involve them).

Proffesionalism just doesn't seem to exist much on this board. For shame!

Sorry to rant off and change topic.