PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Housing & Conditions of service (threads merged)
Old 21st Aug 2004, 17:51
Monty77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAE146: I prefer not to judge. There are enough kiddy-fiddling Catholic priests around the world to fill hell several times over. True, some Saudis have let themselves down recently by getting getting arse-holed and running around starkers in hotels. A police matter, to me.

S&L: I believe there are now no restrictions on foreign property ownership in most areas. Obviously proximity to military installations and/or royal residences may have restrictions but that would be the same anywhere in the world.

Sirwa69: I was on the edge of following you on the Al Marsa front. What put me off was the time it's going to take to finish the rest of it. It will be the Venice of the Gulf when it's done and will be superb. Won't there be a bit too much construction traffic for the next 5 years? Let's face it, it is close to the airport and traffic is only headed North between now and then.

Overall, I happened here by chance and when I think of the UK weather and the M25, I know where I'd rather be.

To call someone an 'Arab' is to call someone a 'European' or an 'Asian'. A German is as different to a Spaniard as an Australian is to a Mongolian. Lots of people don't get that. If you get the opportunity to live and work here, my advice would be to go for it.