PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network Centric Warfare +UCB's
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2004, 19:34
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
NCW and UCB are both examples of the worst TLA pieces of jargon-speak. Regrettably, this sort of cr@p spews out of unworthy, expensive and totally over-rated ivory towers such as AWC and that purple pratt-palace near Watchfield with predictable regularity. Whereas, in fact, any communications system, whether speckled Jim or gucci noughts-and-ones jobber, is inherently a SFS.

It's all to do with trying to replace people and jets with computers, in order to save cash. Most of it is utter sci-fi bolleaux, but it keeps QUANGOs such as KwintyKwoo - aka QueerA - in business sucking funds from do-able real world projects.

If you can keep a straight face, swot up from http://www.ucb.co.uk/ so that if some DORIS-tart asks you what you know about UCBs, you can surprise them!

Alteratively, just try: "Look, you f*ckwit, I just want to fly cool jets and go bomb people. Stop ar$eing about with triv, sign me up so I can go and sink a few beers with the real aircrew mates and not bore my tits off having to suffer you desk-sucking blotter jotter PONTIs with your scribbldegook and numptyspeak which means f*ck all in the real world!"