PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Having to pay for Type Ratings as well!
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2004, 18:34
Straightandlevel80kt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Typical thread

Hello everyone

This is a typical thread for the Wannabes section. Rambling, incoherent and filled with intrigue, anxiety and contradiction. I'm now going to add to it.

The chap seemed to want to know whether to fork out for a type rating. Only he can make this decision. He's learned the hard way about making choices and something of the consequences, and I feel confident that this experience equips him to make a rational judgement before borrowing any more cash.

It's a fecking nightmare to be in his position, and it's not helpful to rip the guy to pieces for events and decisions now passed. He's made his bed, and he has to lie in it, sure, but I hope we can continue to help each other on Pprune, and take people's questions at face value. It's rarely a bad thing to advise caution and feed back experience of hardship if this makes people think carefully about choices that will affect lives for a long time to come.

There is very little in this forum about flying, as much of it centres on bickering about who's better with money.

All the best to everyone.

P.S. - Hookers for £120? Man, you guys are cheap...

P.P.S. - Pushing Tin was on again the other night. I hope they re-run this forever. Some wicked posts on the ATC pages last time this corker was on!