PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford APP Training Loan
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2004, 08:25
Eliza

I'm 25, and after getting great degree and a career under my belt to fall back on if need be, am starting APP at Oxford in September. Am super super keen and am prepared to work my a*se off to get a job at the end of it.

Yes., I've taken a big loan too - just over the standard max in fact and it's very scary! But it was my decision to make no matter what anyone else says or thinks. I'm not stupid and definitely not reeled in by all this marketing rubbish that emanates from the big schools about getting students jobs etc, but decided I wanted to give myself the best chance possible. So have decided to pay the bit extra and go to the school with (what I believe has) the best reputation!

CAll me crazy but I'm just want this too much and if a loan of this size is what it takes then so be it. And probably won't be the only one on my course that feels like this....

Can't we have a proper discussion on this site without descending into these tiring modular v integrated arguments???! Not everyone on this site is ever going to agree so we may as well listen to others' opinions and accept that they are different to ours!