PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Airways
Thread: Etihad Airways
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2004, 01:46
tic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tristar
You obviously flew it. I fly for GF and in my opinion, I wouldn't work for anyone else. Good for you.Currently I am in AUH with GT, ( same airline ). I know lots of EK guys and yes your basic as Capt is better, but we get allowances from sign on, until the end of the block,whether you night-stop or not,and we always work over the cut-off point, and then we score compared to you. Our cabin crew uniforms are definately better.GF definately is well managed,right now, and by and large they not only respect us as pilots but in most circumstances are open and above board on everything. Judging by the posts on this site, EK are the biggest whingers, with Qatari a close second. I know you EK guys will say I am part of Management, but I am not. Definately where EK are masters, is that they market the airline 2nd to none. You see it all the time, on the cricket shirts, bill-boards etc.All the competitors should learn a lesson well. Everyone has heard about Dubai and a great place it is, and more and more people are hearing about Emirates. Flown with them many times, but service definately not as good as GF, on the flights I have been on. Yes, I am biased, but true none -theless. You see it all the time here, Etihad orders 24 aeroplanes, Emirates orderes this this and that and Qatari as well. Dubai at the moment is one huge consruction site, is it not? Perhaps the bubble will burst as it surely will. History has proved that, time and again.