PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building (Australia)
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2004, 19:19
TubularBells

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi corrimal,

I completed my PPL in Oz some time ago and I'm about to embark on an ATPL course next week (gulp!)). The time that you do in Oz is valid, hours is hours sir.

As far as conversion goes, if you do decide to convert your license to a JAA PPL in the UK, you will need to complete either:

Under 100 Hours TT - All exams, flight test and Class 2 medical.
Over 100 Hours TT - Air Law, Human Perfomance, flight test, Class 2 medical.

Please be aware, that no endorsements that you get under CASA will be valid over here (i.e. retractable, Vari Prop).

As for if you actually have to do the conversion or not is another matter. Dgoeers seems to have the info there. I would say though to watch your time. If you need to revailidate your PPL license at any time it get's a little complicated. I think you either have to have an Australian licensed instructor or an Australian licensed aircraft or both. Not sure which, having converted to a JAA PPL before requiring it!! Oh, and another thing. If you've got a CASA PPL, you won't be able to fly abroad from the UK. Not serious, but worth considering.

Anyway, all the best with the hours building and PPL over there, hope the weather's good. Man-o-man, wouldn't mind being over there again, flying up the beautiful sunshine coast. Mmm..

Regards,

TB.

Actually,

in my hastiness, I overlooked the possibility of hours not counting if you still have the ICAO licence. I\'m not sure what the deal is with this one. I\'ll see if I can find out and then get back to you.

TB.