PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford APP Training Loan
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2004, 16:29
London Girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice - I listened hard to all of the arguments for and against integrated and modular. I don't want to get into the pro's and con's of each but this is how I made my decision:

The money aspect of going modular certainly appeals! I do know that I prefer a structured course and environment - so that was my main deciding factor. Also my next door neighbour is a training captain and my boyfriend's dad is in recruitment of a major airline (good contacts eh?). Both advised me to go integrated. I know there are benefits of going both ways, but after this advice my decision was made!

I agree it's going to be a lot tougher financially, but I just want to give myself the best start in this career. At the end of the day it may not make a difference, but nobody really knows that for sure - for me it was deciding between the financial risk, or the risk that airlines do really prefer integrated. I went for the latter.

(Speak to me in 2 years tho when the repayments kick in - I may have changed my mind!)