PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Song and dance over 'ageist' Virgin
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2004, 10:27
Ralph the Bong

Angel

Hmm...vapid was probably not the word I was looking for given the dictionary definition of the word. Airheaded would be a closer approximation. These girls were certainly not unlively.

..Or perhaps not, Skysista. Make up your own mind.
Some snippets of conversation:

VB FA 1: "I've been in 3 commercials"
VB 2: "Well, I've been in 5"
VB 3: "Well, I've been in 6 AND I was an extra on ____"

Later..

VB 2: "Me and my husband live next door to this total loser and bogan. The other night my husband punched him out. It was Friday, not like it was late, only about 11pm and this guy complained that my husband was making too much noise doing burnouts in his ute, I mean, what a total loser.."

Really?..Who is the Bogan?

VB 1: " I was with Paris Hilton on the dance floor and she was really coked and then we PASHED. Everone was looking at us. It was so cool, she really came on to me but I let her down gently because I didn't want to hurt her feelings, not like guys. I really like it when a guy comes on to me and I can tell him to 'GO GET F#$%^YED. I love it; yell it right in their face. Makes me feel really powerful.."

Later: VB 1: "I love it when I see guys fight. It just is so much of a turn on. Especially when they one is a guy I am with. If a guy I am with wins, I give him the hottest sex afterwards.."

Another Bogan, evidently..and:

VB 3: "Ralph, are you gay"
Me: "No. Why?'
VB 3: "Because you haven't come on to me"
Me: "Should I?"
VB 3: "No, It's just that most guys try to come on to me, unless they're gay"..

..Or just not interested.

The saddest thing is that the above is not invention.

At all other Airlines that I worked for, some cabin crew may have been a bit slow or engaged in the occasional binge but they all had a modicum of that difficult to define quantity, let's just call it 'Class'. These 3 were totally devoid of this quality.

What I have come to realize from this encounter is the demise of the dignity that was previously inherent in the airline industry. Historically, the people employed by airlines were generally seen to be a cut above most in the general community. With the advent of Virgin Blue, I now see how this has changed. What we have witnessed is a cultural shift in the recruitment practices of the industry.

It is my most profound hope that this is a manifestation that remains limited ti Virgin Blue. It is for these reasons that Carol would probably not be happy at DJ.